Make education interesting for your students!
ChainSim brings together the classical e-learning and business simulations on a powerfully simple educational platform.
We improve our customers’ Production, Logistics and Supply Chain Planning learning processes by utilizing our ChainSim simulation systems. Simulation enables our clients to use their resources for better competitive advantage in teaching and to support all academic units in their assessment of student learning/development process.
Main steps to go through ChainSim simulation: demand review, supply review, production review, financial integration, business results review.
Studying Operations and Supply Chain Management with ChainSim will enable students to solve complex business problems related to the journey of products and services from the manufacturer or provider to the end customer.
Students will gain an understanding of the techniques required for managing and improving the integration of resources, processes and customer requirements.
After completing ChainSim five level courses, students should:
- Demonstrate an ability to apply general management know-how in practical business situations
- Have the skills required to use Lean tools to decrease expenses and improve efficiency in Supply Chain, and Manufacturing sectors
- Measuring cost and performance in Supply Chains
- Understanding the basic frame and key issues of Supply Chain and Production Planning
- Define the supply chain concepts and key managerial processes
- Develop analytical methodologies for Supply Chain analysis
- Develop systematic thinking and making students understand that every decision affects the whole chain
- Learn how to optimize the basic cost of procurement, inventory management and transport logistics
- Supplier selection, assessment, sourcing strategies, total cost optimization. Bill of materials.
- Analyze the manufacturing operation of a firm
- Learn and test how to apply Lean manufacturing concepts
- Improves decision making in teams
ChainSim educational simulation levels system. Key decision points for students.
|LEVEL/decisions made by students||LEVEL1||LEVEL2||LEVEL3||LEVEL 4||LEVEL 5||LEVEL 6|
|– Number of components|
|– Available funds criteria for ordering the components|
|– Components shipment volume|
|– Products shipment volume|
|– Price of components change by size of the shipment|
|– Maximum delivery capacity from suppliers|
|– Component safety stock criteria|
|– Component delivery time criteria|
|– Requirements for delivery time window|
|– Component overstock criteria|
|– Components transport method|
|– Distribution hub for the components|
|– Distribution hub for finished products|
|– Products delivery time criteria|
Benefits for Teachers
- Building teamwork and decision making skills in students.
- Students can play simulation on a computer or in tablet.
- Easy to present and explain all simulation decision.
- Comprehensive reports. Teams competition ranking.
- Simple to evaluate each student or a group.
- Choose the level you want students to play.
- All results sent directly to teacher`s email.
- All results are saved and no paper necessary.
- Anonymous feedback directly from the simulation.
- Improving the e-learning environment.